Thread
Print

Kintone's mage guide!

Kintone's mage guide!

Okie,first of all i am making this guide because i am bored and since i have plenty of time i can share my experience on game with some new players and offcourse share some experiences with older player than me! =)
This guide is my personal opinion on building a mage and noone has to follow or accept that oppinion,maybe next posts to my thread can help me too! =)
Thnx for ur reading!

Guide Chapters!

A.)Intro to a Mage (common Guide)!
1.)Why Mage?
1a.)Positives
1b.)Negatives
1c.)Conclusion

2.)Choosing a path for your mage!
2a.)PvP Mage
2b.)PvE Mage

3.)First steps in building ur mage(lvl 1-100)

B.)Experienced Mage Info(Pet+Added stats+Zodiac+PvP tips)!
1.)PvP Mage
1a.)Choosing Your Pet!
1b.)Gears,Forges,Added stuff,Zodiac,Drills!
1c.)Overall

2.)PvE Mage
1a.)Choosing Your Pet!
1c.)Overall

3.)PvP Tips!
3a.)Vs Champions
3b.)Vs Priests
3c.)Vs Warrior
3d.)Vs Mage
3e.)Vs All

C.)Overall

------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.)Intro to a Mage (common Guide)!
1.)Why Mage?
1a.)Positives
-High damage(Area or Target)!
-Best Instance class
-Can rely on urself only,if u not have team!
-Good afk xp/tp gain
-Good Mass pvp
-Good 1v1 low/middle lvl!

1b.)Negatives
-Weak Deffence/Magical deffense
-Average pvp class at high lvls!
-Don't have skill that makes the opponent unable to move!

1c.)Conclusion
Well not big difference from other games on that class,people who enjoy ranged high damage classes should create a mage on GodsWar(the fact that archers not exist on this game shall make the decision even easier),since he is the ranged damage dealer for that game! =)
On top of that,mages can help their team on most instances more than any other class(we will discuss on that on chapter for PvE mages!) and can farm any boss or elite from low lvls and gears!
Mage can be good at pvp too on middle lvls and middle forges,but on high lvls and forges,my opinion is that they are 3rd class for pvp(first is priest and second is warrior)!

2.)Choosing a path for your mage!
2a.)PvP Mage
Well first of all when i say path,i not reffer to a path game make u able to choose,but a path u choose for ur mage deppends on how you build him!
What is a PvP mage then?
Well,building a PvP mage means that u build a mage,which is stronger on pvping with other players or pvping team vs tea or even pvp 1 vs team!
The good on a pvp mage is that he can kill opponents easilly and endure more damage FROM OTHER PLAYERS,better than a pve mage!
The bad thing,now,on a PvP mage is that on instances he really is much worse than a PvE mage and if he is not that good on forges he maybe even cannot finish them or even not finish them with a good score!

2a.)PvE Mage
Well,a PvE mage is the exactly different thing from a PvP mage,good instances,good boss farming(for high lvls only Mardonius is problem,but np)!
The only difference is that while a PvP mage can really suck on instances is that PvE mage can be good at PvP,not at the same power,but still can be good! =)

3.)First steps in building ur mage(lvl 1-100)
You have just created ur character and YES,he is a mage! =)
First of all a mistake all people making when they enter an online game is that they search those bad evil creatures to kill so they can gain tp and xp....WRONG!The first thing u must take care is do quests so u can gain experience(xp) and talent points(tp)!
That will help u a lot because low lvl quests give many crystals and gemstones!
Now an advice i give to all people to pm me when they enter GodsWar is not to use the items they get from quests(some people call them perfect),because u can find better ones from bosses or buy in small prices later! =)
My opinion is that until lvl 100 u shall not use not even 1 gem and not even 1 e-gold,apply for zeus all time to earn amethysts so u can delevel the perfect items from bosses and some rubbies(u have 3 free) to level up some other and then use or your e-gold on crystal lvl1+all your lvl 1 crystals you gathered from treasureland + all gems u gathered until that level! =)
In that way you can be armor rank 4 or even 5 and weapon rank 3 in 2-3 weeks very easy and without mall! ;)
If you want to help that game(decide to buy gold),do it after lvl 100 and after you have all your perfect items!
Here is a list with the perfect items i talk about:
-Weapon: Drop from dragon Puluo!
-Gloves: Drop from dragon Puluo(crete bull gloves are good too)!
-Helmet: Drop from giant Alcyoneus!
-Rings: Drop from Naga Siren!
-Boots: Drop from Crete bull!
-Amulet: Drop from Lord Barry!
-Cuffs/Leggins: Drop from Lord Barry/Naga siren/Elf peya/Dragon Puluo!
-Armor: Drop on Giant Alcyoneus or Dragon Puluo!

Now Bay Under Attack can help too! =)

Now for talents and how to use them wissely my oppinion is that u must first complete ur Tree and then use them on zodiacs! =)
Talent tree must be like that until full:
Mattack column+10
Hit rating/absorb column+5
Rest 0!
For example if ur mattack column is 25,ur absorb and hit rating column must be 20 and rest 15! =)
Do it that way until your tp tree is full!

[ Last edited by Polmenakos at 8-26-2010 00:27 ]
Recent Ratings
  • limaxine Karma +5 Thank you for your effort! 8-26-2010 20:51
  • limaxine Favor +5 Thank you for your effort! 8-26-2010 20:51

B.)Experienced Mage Info(Pet+Added stats+Zodiac+Drills+PvP tips)!
1.)PvP Mage
1a.)Choosing Your Pet!
That is an easy choice for someone who want to build a PvP mage and can donate an amount of money so he can buy Gold!The answer is easy and the pet name is Smart Ghost!His original skill(mattack +) is not the best thing on it,it is his high agility that on merge makes ur mattack EXTREME high! =)
Now for people who cannot buy gold the choice is to find or buy a Brave Rock Elf,it's primary Savvy is strength(life absorb),but it has heal and generally it is a nice pet that can help a lot! ;)
Now for the skills that a pvp mage must have on his pet my oppinion is:
1.)Mattack +(control devil or Ghost skill)!
2.)critical +(Deadly kill or bunny skill)!
3.)critical resistance +(hold insistly)!
4.)Lifesteal (bloodsucker or panda skill)!
5.)Hit points +(Hard skin or rock elf skill)!
6.)Reflect (Tiger or Mermaid's skill)!

First of all the core forges of a mage is all classic and grade7 at 120 lvl at least!Then my opinnion is to make eternals(helmet,boots,gloves,girdle) and all g10 first! Then u can concentrate on epics and legendaries! =)
Here is a list with my oppinion on what should ur gears added attributes shall be:
-Weapon: Mattack(lvl),Hit rating,Critical,magdmg!
-Helmet: Mattack(lvl),Hit rating,Critical,magdmg!
-Gloves: Mattack(lvl),Hit rating,Critical,magdmg!
-Rings: Mattack(lvl),Hp(lvl),Critical,magdmg!
-Pdef armor: Pdef(lvl),Hp(lvl),dodge,dodge rating buff
-Amulet: Crit res,Dodge rating,dodge rating buff,healing done
-Boots: Crit res,dodge,hp(lvl),Hp res speed(lvl)
-Leggins: Crit res,dodge,hp res(lvl),Pdef(lvl)
-Cuffs: Crit res,Hit rating,hp res(lvl),Pdef(lvl)
-Girdle: Hp(lvl),Pdef(lvl),mdef(lvl),crit res
-Mdef armor: Mdef(lvl),dodge rating,dodge rating buff,dmg absorb(lvl)*

Now let's move to what drills we must choose for our PvP mage,a new list for with my oppinion aggain:
-Attacking Drills
1.)Mgdmg%(Fire spirit of Lightning)
2.)Ignore mdef(Fire spirit of Penetration)!

-Deffensive drills
1.)Crit dmg reduce%(Water spirit of Intense)!
2.)Mix physical dmg reduce%,magical dmg reduce%(Water spirits of Darkness and Mist)!
What i mean is that ur mdef armor must have as second drill magical dmg reduce %,ur pdef armor physical dmg reduce% and all ur rest gear 1 of them so u have 3  physical dmg reduce% and 2 magical dmg reduce% or 2  physical dmg reduce% and 3 magical dmg reduce%!

And the last part for building a PvP Mage must be the zodiac! =)
Well aggain if u have gold to spent,open all drills and skills like that:
Fire lotus/Thunder     Lightball/Lightblade

For the deffensives set them deppend the opponent ur pvping! =)
If u are on a mass pvp my oppinion is:
Lightblade/Stab/Steel Rain/Holly jab
Fire lotus/spear hit/fireblast/thundercloud!

1c.)Overall
If u are done with everything (class suits/forges/zodiac) become a PvP mage and have fun on the game PvPing friends or enemies and helping ur function win pindus battlefield!
Still if ur not done with ur build and u are a player who enjoys pvp u can become a PvP mage too! =)

*Damage absorb(lvl) help aggainst mages and priest because of lightblade and Ice cone so prefer it on mdef armor! =)

2.)PvE Mage
2a.)Choosing Your Pet!
Well on a PvE mage his pet is his best weapon(Yes and i meen it,more than forges) because of his life absorbation,especially atlantis is a mage pet only instance! =)
So what u shall choose?Many people say smart panda...but no,my opinion is brave rock elf(with 2 rebirths it has same stats as a smart pet),because of its high strength!

Lets move to pet skills now,here is the list:
1.)Mattack +(control devil or Ghost skill)!
2.)Hit points +(rock elf skill)!
3.)Lifesteal(bloodsucker or panda skill)!
4.)Pdef+(Holy Run or puppet skill)!
5.)Mdef+(Fog)
6.)Enchanced mag dmg+(Enchance mag Damage)

2b.)Gears,Forges,Added stuff,Zodiac,Drills!
First of all the core forges of a mage is all classic and grade7 at 120 lvl at least!Then my opinnion is to make eternals(helmet,boots,gloves,girdle) and all g10 first! Then u can concentrate on epics and legendaries! =)
Here is a list with my oppinion on what should ur gears added attributes shall be:
-Weapon: Mattack(lvl),crit bonus,mgdmg%,Hp(lvl)
-Helmet: Mattack(lvl),crit bonus,mgdmg%,hit rating
-Gloves: Mattack(lvl),crit bonus,mgdmg%,hit rating
-Rings: Mattack(lvl),crit bonus,mgdmg%,Hp(lvl)
-Armor: Pdef(lvl),Dmg absorb(lvl),Hp(lvl),Hp res(lvl)
-Leggins: Pdef(lvl),Mdef(lvl),Hp res(lvl),Dodge
-Cuffs: Pdef(lvl),Mdef(lvl),Hp res(lvl),hit rating
-Boots: Hp(lvl),Hp res(lvl),absorb(lvl),healing done%
-Girdle: Hp(lvl),Mdef(lvl),pdef(lvl),Absorb(lvl)
-Amulet: Dodge rating,Healing done%,absorb(lvl),mp(lvl)

Now let's move to what drills we must choose for our PvP mage,a new list for with my oppinion aggain:
Attacking drills:
1.)Critical damage +(Fire spirit of Pressure)
2.)Magical damage +(Fire spirit of Fiery)

Deffensive drills!
1.)Reduce physical dmg+(Water spirit of Silence)
2.)Reduce magical dmg+(Water spirit of Chilness)

Now for zodiacs u really not care! =)
Just use flameblast on ur zodiac on PvP times do it same way as a PvP mage! =)

2c.)Overall
Well with that build and a good pet u will be able to finish any instance and farm mardonius solo! ;)
But this build is for extreme farmers and people who care for instances only,won't work so much on pvp!

3.)PvP Tips!
3a.)Vs Champions
Well,champions can be lethal opponent for a mage since they got everything that can kill a mage(high dmg+freeze which make u anable to move)!
Same goes for a mage to a champion,we have what they no want high magical dmg and a skill that make them unable to use skills(silence)!
A mage can die from a champ 3-5 hits,so u must do dmg and protect urself too! =)
I pvp champs like that,when they come t me i use thundercloud and then lotus then silence,if he stays FINISH HIM,if he runs until silence off do a thunder and when he return to u,fire blast! ;)
He shall be dead! =)

3b.)Vs Priests
Well priests are the best class in pvp for me,since they can do some dmg and heal themselves 20-25k!
My way vs a good priest is that go near him,as close as possible(u will understand why),start the pvp with a thunder and lightblades+lightball(lightcompo) until he goes 50-60% so it is his time to heal,when he do his first heal continue on same way,then use a fireblast then lotus then silence then thundercloud!
If he no die ur out of mp and u propably lose! =)

3c.)Vs Warrior
Well warrior on high lvls is my worst class for pvp,since he die really difficult and he can do good dmg!
At begin of pvp use tc + lotus,then just run and hit all time,when he do expose armor,just run,not even hit,when expose off do same again!

3d.)Vs Mage
Nothing special tip really!
Just run on silence and try avoid his aoe while u try land ur aoe(tc+fb)!

3e.)Vs All
Just not run,because it really won't work! =)
Just merge then use fireblast,thuncercloud,star shower(even that),after find someone(if there is someone alive) that has more than 30-40% and use lotus,then run and use lightblades! =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
C.)Overall
Well it was fun to make my guide and share my experiences and thinkings with all of you,now we can discuss on that guide and if someone has some questions feel free to pm me! =)
That guide i think it can help new people to build a good mage,even without following my 2 builds!
Not forget everyone make a build deppending on how he plays!

[ Last edited by Polmenakos at 8-26-2010 00:53 ]

I was flying fast through your guide and saw this..

-Amulet: Dodge rating,Healing done%,absorb(lvl),healing done%
PvE's gears.

WHOUAT THAI FAKE HARE YO TOULKUING ABOOTE

ATTENTION : This forum is for Client Users. If you are a player from Facebook Application, you are probably lost.
Pay a visit to the Event Zone!

Reply 3# novanaga's post

Oh lol,sorry,i go to edit it!
It was to big guide that sometime after middle,i started to have headache!
Thnx for ur notice!

[ Last edited by Polmenakos at 8-26-2010 00:51 ]

i dont agree that mage is best instance class
it is unfair to say cauze if you didht had wariors who would lured???
if you didht had priest who would heal you in atl and wonderland???
be yourself!

sure that you are a hardworking guy
i dont have patience to read it all
but i agree you that mage is best class

Quote:
Original posted by alexis420 at 8-26-2010 01:11
i dont agree that mage is best instance class
it is unfair to say cauze if you didht had wariors who would lured???
if you didht had priest who would heal you in atl and wonderland???
Katarxhn ellhnas kai egw!^^
Well for lure,especially in atlantis,i enter me+my bot priest and i can do 700! =)
There comes a time u no need heal for instances!
As for lure,when u know to lure right,creeps won't even touch you and that is especially for atlantis!
I think mage is an instance class!
Now if u want to finish all instances,it is obvious u need a team from all classes,but a mage can solo much points on atla,a warrior priest or champ can?

ps:Btw i am naruto fan too!

[ Last edited by Polmenakos at 8-26-2010 01:37 ]

Quote:
Original posted by gamedyy at 8-26-2010 01:29
sure that you are a hardworking guy
i dont have patience to read it all
but i agree you that mage is best class
Thnx very much! =)
I don't say mage is best class,i say mage is best instance class! =)
Every class has his negatives and positives,so u choose the class u not care for negatives and love positives!

umm ive been a mage for about 2 years now..and I got kind of confused..

You wrote:
"Now for talents and how to use them wissely my oppinion is that u must first complete ur Tree and then use them on zodiacs! =)
Talent tree must be like that until full:
Mattack column+10
Hit rating/absorb column+5
Rest 0!
For example if ur mattack column is 25,ur absorb and hit rating column must be 20 and rest 15! =)
Do it that way until your tp tree is full!"

I got couple questions:
1) What happned to "Rest 0!"? You say Mattack column 25 then absorb / hit rating has to be 20..and then reset 15? I thought you said rest 0 until maxed?
2) I would say that that is a PvP type of TP tree...For PvE it would be less matk and more deffence and hitpoints..Dont you say so? It would be nice if you could give a nice short guide for talent point building on a PvE player - although it doenst matter when you are maxed.
3) This guide says nothing about what you need to upgrade first, and to what quality / grade it should be upgraded...It could been added.
4) There is no dought you enjoyed doing this but why to levels 1-100?

Thanks and think about them

~ Pacnm / .:Tom.: ~

Quote:
Original posted by hwathe at 8-26-2010 02:41
umm ive been a mage for about 2 years now..and I got kind of confused..

You wrote:
"Now for talents and how to use them wissely my oppinion is that u must first complete ur Tree and then use them on  ...
What i meen about columns is that if all 5 for example,hit and absorb is+5 from all and mattack is +10 from all rest! =)
PvE mage cannot be before lvl 110,let alone 100! ;)
U want to know the reasons?
1.)He takes to much dmg on instances!
2.)Tps cannot be MAXED!
3.)100-no drills!
4.)Low suit points! =)

In my opinion until lvl 100 u make a general build and then u become PvP or PvE,but still that is my opinion! =)

As for quality and grades i told! =)

Core to all classes is classic g7! =)
After that i told u upgrade grades first until g10 and then quality! =)

[ Last edited by Polmenakos at 8-26-2010 03:03 ]

Thread