19 12
Thread
Print

[Mage] Crit rating

Crit rating

Not sure if this was posted before, but does crit rating count towards spells or if it's just for melee?

Critical rate works not only in melee but in magical attacks too.

This is great to know --I am thinking its only melee..

My Priest and Mage will be very happy .

BTW--

Are some of the special melee aoe attacks by Champ and warrior also considered " magical " and also eligable for critical ?
The following posts were administered by ledhed with Delete action.
LOL
Board: General Speaking
Reason: Irrelevant

Any skill or attack, regardless of class, is eligible for crit. However, for the magic-focused classes such as mage and priest, melee attacks don't come into play, we have to rely on skills to crit, so here melee classes have a bit of an advantage if they can get in close enough. (because seriously...who wants to watch two mages wap each other with their wands? )
"It's just the Rebels, sir...they're here."

i think magic dam got crit bonus

It is sure... not just a thought since you got crit bonus in TP skills... Besides i would really advise people to put about every TP (at least at the beginnig) in Attack build + the 2 HIT RATING + Crit Damages... since you need hitting to counter dodge and need crit to make as much damage as you can in a short period of time (typically mage action)
IGN: Achille
Faction: Sparta
Class: Champ
lvl 84

It is sure... not just a thought since you got crit bonus in TP skills... Besides i would really advise people to put about every TP (at least at the beginnig) in Attack build + the 2 HIT RATING + Crit Damages... since you need hitting to counter dodge and need crit to make as much damage as you can in a short period of time (typically mage action)
lvl 84

Mages and Champions can increase their critical with talents. Priests and Warriors have to rely on equips and just pure luck.

Damage bonus is the extra damage added when you have a critical. So the talents in the Warrior and Priest class are just about useless, too bad they have to increase that just to increase their other attack talent.

Reck, thats nonsense....

Damage bonus %   is the bonus added to the skill %

example, light chop 4, is 900 dmg + 100% bonus    (100% of your base atk)

with 10% damage bonus that becomes  900dmg + 110% bonus

so if i had 2k base attack,  the first one gives me 2900 damage with light chop 4

the 2nd way with the damage bonus, gives  3100 damage with it
:: Simma
:: 112
:: Warrior
:: Exelsius

In fact to express this formula a bit better:

BA: Base Attack
%B: % bonus added
%S: % of base attack of skill
S: damages added to base attack
TD: Total Damages

TD = BA * (%B + %S) +S

But i agree with simma : Reck you're wrong since % bonus is added to skill or even to a normal hit... it has nothing to do with critical hit.... crit gives you a majoration (a kind of new bonus on your base attack with a greater probability as you raise the passive skill) on your attack base...
lvl 84

19 12
Thread